Established in 2006, the Avant Student Advisory Council (ASAC) comprises a group of medical students and an Avant representative who advise on student-related issues. The ASAC acts as a focus group in identifying emerging and existing issues within the medical student community in areas specific to (but not limited to) medical education, postgraduate training, medical indemnity and student advocacy.
The ASAC encourages all medical students to provide suggestions and feedback to the ASAC so that they can be the voice that supports the needs for medical students in Australia.
Becoming an ASAC member
To be eligible to join ASAC you need to be a current student member of Avant. We are looking for passionate and highly motivated individuals who want to make a difference. Becoming an ASAC representative is a great opportunity to:
- Network with fellow peers around the country
- Shape and influence student initiatives
- Make a difference and play an important role within the student community
- Participate in various Avant programs
- Gain leadership skills with the role of Chairperson
For further information, to apply for a position, or to contact a member of the ASAC please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org