- Individual Medical/Professional Indemnity Insurance products should be considered by key personnel in or associated with the business. Registered medical practitioners in Australia undertaking any form of practice are required by Australian Law to have appropriate professional indemnity insurance that complies with the Medical Board of Australia’s Professional Indemnity Insurance arrangements registration standard.
- Income protection: whilst most employees will have personal leave entitlements, income protection provides cover in cases where someone suffers a major trauma event and was unable to work for an extended period. It may be that the practice provides this cover for the manager as part of their employment package.
- Life & TPD is similar to key person insurance, the practice may take out a policy on a principal / director to cover the financial impact should that person die or be unable to continue working. The benefit of the policy is paid to the practice.
- Private Health InsuranceThe only Fund created by doctors for the medical community and their families. As an Avant member, it's the health fund you own.
- Travel InsuranceAs part of Avant's commitment to provide superior member benefits, Avant has secured access to premium travel insurance for its members from Accident and Health International (AHI) - one of Australia's largest accident and health underwriters.
* Professional indemnity insurance products, including Practice Medical Indemnity, available from Avant Mutual Group Limited ABN 58 123 154 898 (Avant) are issued by Avant Insurance Limited, ABN 82 003 707 471, AFSL 238 765 (Avant Insurance). Life risk insurance products available from Avant are issued by Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd ABN 37 062 395 484 and are distributed by Avant Insurance. Private health insurance products are issued by The Doctors’ Health Fund Pty Limited, ABN 68 001 417 527 (Doctors’ Health Fund), a member of the Avant Mutual Group. The information provided here is general advice only. Any advice here does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the product is appropriate for you before deciding to purchase or continuing to hold a policy with us. For full details including the terms, conditions, and exclusions that apply, please read and consider the policy wording and PDS, which is available at avant.org.au or by contacting us on 1800 128 268. Information on this site does not constitute legal, professional or financial advice, and is current as at the date of initial publication.