Practice or owner exposures
- Claims against the practice entity, a past present or future principal, partner or director, an employee, volunteer or student.
- Errors by practice staff, or where the patient sees multiple doctors.
- Failure of practice protocols, including systemic failures that could result in multiple claims.
- Breaches of patient privacy by staff.
- The Practice Medical Indemnity Policy covers your staff for inquiries from registration boards such as the Nursing and Midwifery Board
- Cover under the Practice Medical Indemnity Policy extends beyond just your professional duties. There is also cover for tax audits by the ATO and public relations consultant fees.
- Public liability insurance is available as an optional extension under the policy. This is prudent to have as it covers members of the public if they injure themselves at your practice.
- You and your staff have access to our medico-legal experts 24/7 on an advice line. This is particularly helpful during an emergency.
- As a manager you also can receive advice on other legal issues, such as employment matters.
- We have a dedicated team of medical practice underwriters who are able to review your individual practice’s needs.
* Professional indemnity insurance products, including Practice Medical Indemnity, available from Avant Mutual Group Limited ABN 58 123 154 898 (Avant) are issued by Avant Insurance Limited, ABN 82 003 707 471, AFSL 238 765 (Avant Insurance). Life risk insurance products available from Avant are issued by Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd ABN 37 062 395 484 and are distributed by Avant Insurance. Private health insurance products are issued by The Doctors’ Health Fund Pty Limited, ABN 68 001 417 527 (Doctors’ Health Fund), a member of the Avant Mutual Group. The information provided here is general advice only. Any advice here does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the product is appropriate for you before deciding to purchase or continuing to hold a policy with us. For full details including the terms, conditions, and exclusions that apply, please read and consider the policy wording and PDS, which is available at avant.org.au or by contacting us on 1800 128 268. Information on this site does not constitute legal, professional or financial advice, and is current as at the date of initial publication.