Risk Advisory Services
The Risk Advisory Service (RAS) offers a complimentary national proactive service for members, enabling them to identify medico-legal risks and implement strategies to improve their practice.
In today’s complex healthcare environment, with patient complaints on the rise and increased mandatory reporting requirements, the likelihood of you and your practice being exposed to medico-legal risks is greater. Identifying areas of your practice that need improving is not always easy – sometimes you need help from the experts.
Our experienced RAS team, equipped with extensive knowledge and expertise in the healthcare industry, including medical practice and legal services, can assist you to develop effective strategies and reduce your risk exposure.
Whether you need help with your systems and processes or support to respond to a complaint from the Medical Board, Ahpra or regulatory body, or advice on how to set up your practice, RAS can provide:
- A personalised risk review for yourself or your practice, followed up with a report outlining recommended strategies and tailored resources.
- Educational resources with materials, developed internally or from external providers, including formal courses and training.
- Presentations on current medico-legal issues affecting the medical profession.
- Advice on topics such as medical records and documentation, prescribing, including drugs of addiction, Medicare billing, advertising, and social media and much more.
- Exclusive access to Avant Assist.
Avant Assist is an additional support service designed in consultation with members. It provides resources to support you deliver safe, best practice care to your patients, and helps to minimise risk, and alleviate the stress and disruption, of having a complaint or claim made against you
Members have access to a range of relevant resources for their specialty including education, services, and clinical tools.
Additionally, as part of Avant Assist members can book in a time to talk with RAS. The team can review your practice in person or over the phone. Following the discussion, you will be provided with comprehensive material to assist you in mitigating your medico legal risks.
If you would like to learn more about Avant Assist, please click on the relevant options: